Common or comet?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JamieB, Jan 28, 2018.

1. JamieB

JamieB

So for the goldfish savvy folks, I’m trying to figure out if I have common or comet goldfish. I got them as feeders, way back when. I was thinking comets, but looking at the fry I’m raising, the tails all seem standard like common. Is this normal in comet babies? Or are they just common? These little guys all are much lighter than I expected in color at this stage too. I figure they’d have more color by now, either black, dark brown, starting to show some orange. Nope, they’re all a pale color. I snapped these pics just now cause they were all at one end of the tank like they were sleeping.

Attached Files:

JamieB, Jan 28, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. JamieB

Dave 54

Sorry dude but I cant see through the glass to get a good look at them ( may I suggest an algae magnet be run across the glass a few times to clean the sides and front of the tank )....

Dave 54

Dave 54, Jan 28, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. JamieB

JamieB

No algae, it’s just dark. They were sleeping, and I didn’t want to spook them so I didn’t use a flash. My phones camera isn’t great either, but it’s what I got.

JamieB, Jan 28, 2018
  4. JamieB

JamieB

Here’s pics from the other day.

JamieB, Jan 28, 2018
  5. JamieB

JamieB

Eek, I looked at the first pics, yeah I need to clean the tank, but of hard water stains. It’s dorty on the outside where the dog licked it, water dropped, and I’ve got hard water marks inside it.

Attached Files:

JamieB, Jan 28, 2018
  6. JamieB

JamieB

Better pics zoomed in during daylight. Pardon the dirty glass, one of the dogs likes to lick the tank, and I need to clean all the hard water build up once they go back out. I also learned that the seals inside it need to be redone about every ten years. I got this tank second hand about 7 years ago, so I bet it’s due. So that’ll be done once it’s empty and cleaned.

Attached Files:

JamieB, Jan 28, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question