concrete collar

Reaction score
Is is necessary to have a concrete collar around the top of your pond? I'm finally going to have mine dug and want to make sure I can do it as right as possible with having other people do it. It's going to be approx 15x6x4 and hopefully natural looking and not so rectangle.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
no sir.. under most circumstances it is not neccessary, but it does help to stablize your border rocks, i dug small indentations around my edge put the liner over them and set my border stones they are stable enough for me to walk on and i'm 6'9" 300 lbs , but if your soil is real soft or unstable you might consider it. i used round stones; flat should even be easier, a dab of morter in between them may help.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
UH OH!! ANOTHER ONES HOOKED you do know you'll never be done, its never big enough ... just one more fish... one more plant, crap that wont fit, i better add on...

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I have a ring around my lower pond edge..gives a hard level surface for my linner,,,and my rocks wont shift... I have sandy loam soil

Ask a Question