Connecting waterfall to pond question

Reaction score
On all my previous ponds I always used two liners. One for the pond its self and one for the waterfall. Overlapping the edges of coarse. Has always worked well for me.

Do you guys do the same? Or do you prefer an extra large liner were that extra bit is added on? Seems like a lot would go to waste from were the other parts didn't need the extra 5 to 10 feet of length.

Just curious because a relative was thinking of starting a pond up and giving me free range over creativity. He wants quite a large one, about double my pond. Mines 2k-2.5ish so his is gonna be something like 10x20. With atleast a 4ft 2 level fall for depth. So that's one hell of a liner if the fall portion is included. Like 30x20ish I'd figure.

Thanks, Kenneth.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have had it both ways, prefer having one piece, one less place to fuss over.
Where is the fall going to be, if on the long side would just be a little extra.

But saying that attaching it is not too bad of a job either.

SE18

David V
Reaction score
My system is linear and in many directions so one piece will not work for me. I'm using PVC so I glue the pieces together with PVC glue (cement). There's no UV problems since the PVC is sandwiched between layers of concrete.

If you are using EPFM or whatever they call it, I think it requires a different process or glue or sewing. I'm not familiar with that material, which should be used if exposed directly to UV

Ask a Question