Container gardening step X step

The PondFather

The PondFather with my Grandson enjoying my pond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
For anyone with a small space where the sounds of trickling water would be great for relaxation or attracting birds, here's a weekend project that'll fit on a deck, porch or even a small balcony. It can even be used indoors except you'd probably need to leave out the aquatic plants. They need lots of sun and could only be used indoors a few weeks before they'd need to put back outside to recover. http://www.aquascapeinc.com/blogs/water-gardening/Recipe-for-a-Container-Water-GardenContainer Garden Cover concrete leaf.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We brought our patio pond indoors last year, both to enjoy a bit of ponding during the cold winter months but also to try to save the aquatic plants. They were not happy indoors - as you mentioned they really need the sunshine, so someone with a greenhouse room or really sunny spot may have better results. They survived and I was able to get them growing again once we moved them outside, but it took them so long to look good that I decided it really wasn't worth the effort. I do love my patio pond though! It was my second step on the road to a full scale pond - first came the pondless waterfall, then I got the patio pond so I could keep some fish... and I was hooked! haha!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love my stock tank ponds but I hate them also .They are more work than my pond .I plan on moving one of my stock tanks to the side of my driveway and insulating around it this year after I get gravel delivered there and of course I spread it the grass in that patch will go bye bye .It is 8 ft wide by 12 ft long and have to use the trimmer to do it .To much work .I am going to do metal galvanized sides around it with insulation inside it to make it look nice

Ask a Question