Container pond advice!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, I was wondering if I could get some advice on a container pond im building. Does anyone know of a decent sealant to seal a clay pot with? One that would be ok for livestock and plants. This is a very large glazed clay pot but the inside is unglazed and the water just slowly sweats out. Any advice would be helpful, even if its bad news.
Thanks, Thomas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Can you post some pics? Is this pot being used as a pond, or is it inside of a pond?
Its just a big clay pot, i’ll attach a picture of something similar. The pot is going to be used as a container pond, yes. Im just trying to get it to hold water.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Something just like this, glazed on the outside, unglazed inside, clay pot.

Attachments

• 3C561FCD-564F-46CA-94C2-2376BB059E5E.jpeg
    3C561FCD-564F-46CA-94C2-2376BB059E5E.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I wouldn.t go rubber I'd look sealers and epoxies. Most rubber is some thin and weak stuff . Spray on bed liner would do the trick

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wouldn.t go rubber I'd look sealers and epoxies. Most rubber is some thin and weak stuff . Spray on bed liner would do the trick
Do you think that would affect the water though? Im just worried about potential chemicals in the water from the spray

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
rubber leaches . rubber hoses can not be used for potable water/ drinking water . most bed liners are polypropylene. that or an epoxy base would be my choice

Reaction score
Country
United States
rubber leaches . rubber hoses can not be used for potable water/ drinking water . most bed liners are polypropylene. that or an epoxy base would be my choice
Nice, i’ll take a look around with that in mind.

Ask a Question