controlling blanket weed

Reaction score
Have used a powder to control the growth of blanket weed in my pond, water is still cloudy after two days. I followed instructions on packet, can anyone tell me if this is normal.

Reaction score
Kind of depends on what the power is. If clay, yes. If hydrogen peroxide, no in many cases. If something else, maybe.

Reaction score
i might stick with using the hydrogen peroxide but haven't had blanket weed issues and its safe.... from what i recall from other ponders, pour on blanket weed around and on waterfalls and rocks as this is mainly where its seen?..turn off pump and let it work for a few minutes then turn pump back on..maybe purchase a toilet brush as it works great ..just plunge in blanket weed and twirl...those who have had this problem are surely to say something especially if i misspoke on application... think you can use about 12 ounces per 1000 gallons

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep they make a mess and root the in the plants .I use peroxide also just spray it on wait and cheap toilet bowl brush and done .

Ask a Question