Converting a fish pond into a water feature

Reaction score
I want to convert my fish pond into a crystal clear, low maintenance water feature. I would like to preserve the few plants we have in perimeter shelves, but not at the expense of my primary objective. Our pond is a 1000 gallon, 9'dia.x4' deep lined pond with pebbles in the bottom, a foam fountain and a Savio sump/filter system. Your comments on now to proceed would be most welcome.
hhsailor

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Remove the fish! Fish pond - fish = water feature :)

Sorry, had to say it... I'm not sure what exactly you are wanting to do? Crystal clear water is very achievable with fish, you dont like the aglae on the sides or what? You can remove fish and add chlorine... but then you have to remove the plants too.

Reaction score
Pondless feature is easy and the water appears clear, and you can have plants. If you actually want to see a body of water you have to use chemicals to keep water crystal clear at all times, but the plants would have to be separated into their own "pond" or really their own pondless area. No fish in either case of course.

Ask a Question