Costa Rica trip photos

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My wife and I went to Costa Rica for the first time and it was amazing. The resort ground where so natural and the people where great. This may be the best place we have gone to so far. My favorite was the morning sounds that you heard, birds, monkeys etc. Just amazing. From our room we had a great view of a volcano. We will definitely go back. Here are a few shots from the trip, a few more will follow is weeks to come. This was a bit more challenging photographically due to the thick canopy and lighting conditions but there are some beautiful birds there. Happy Easter

Gaudy Leaf Frog by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Rufous-tailed Hummingbird by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Spider Monkey baby with mom by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Two-toed Sloth holding her baby by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Slaty-tailed Trogon by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Chestnut-mandibled Toucan by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Howler Monkey by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Keel-billed Toucan by A & R Photography, on Flickr

La Fortuna Waterfall by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Black-throated Trogon by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Summer Tanager by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Three-toed Sloth by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh my gosh! Beautiful! Some of those shots don't even look real, they are so perfectly gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
When I see you have a thread with photos, I ALWAYS look! These didn't disappoint, as usual. Absolutely amazing shots! I loved the waterfall shot! That must have been some type of cool setting with a tripod that I would never understand if you told me, but it made the water look like smoke! Loved each and every one of them, and can't wait to see more. Thanks so much for sharing your expertise with a camera!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
If I had to pic a favorite, it would most definitely be the frog photo! But, then, I love frogs, and that picture is so colorful, it looks photoshopped! How can something be so vivid and brilliant?!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful pictures! That is one place my honey wants to go. Some day we will.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If I had to pic a favorite, it would most definitely be the frog photo! But, then, I love frogs, and that picture is so colorful, it looks photoshopped! How can something be so vivid and brilliant?!
Wasn't there a newly discovered species of frogs there, maybe 8 years or so ago? Rob's pic reminded me of that news story.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I just adore the sloth and love the pictures you took of them. We were planning a trip to Dominican Republic this year but not I'm thinking Costa Rica. Where did you guys stay? Love love love it!!

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Costa Rica always brings up the story of.... Had a co-worker going and he REALLY tried to get me to go with him. He was planning on doing a lot of fishing down there and us being fishing buddies here wanted me to come. Well he went and did catch a lot of exotic fish unfortunately he ate one that he shouldn't have, it shut down his kidneys and after some years of dialyses he passed away. Be careful out in the wild, some of those pretty lil things will tear you up.

Ask a Question