Costs - 15.000 litre natural ponds with fishes

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hello dear community,

I am glad to be a part of you! I am currently thinking of creating a 15m² natural pond with fish. I am currently thinking a lot about the costs that will be incurred for such a pond. I would also be interested to know how you estimate the initial costs for such a pond (incl. construction, technology & more). What are the follow-up costs (repair, new technical equipment [pump, filter, etc.] and maintenance (pH reducer, fish food, water treatment)?

I plan to keep the pond for at least 20-30 years and perhaps leave it to my children, including the property.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! I've never built anything that big but some other members might be able to give you a better idea.

Some costs depend on your goals and the type and amount of fish you keep as well as the local cost of electricity, materials and equipment. For example, a natural pond with small fish load would be much less than one with large koi and elaborate rock work and waterfalls.

Are you planning on doing most of the work or hiring it out? That would alter your costs significantly.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1629931410077.gif
@Garten_Liebhaber

Ask a Question