could really use some help..

Reaction score
I have been trying to help remodel my parents pond and could really use some help on plumbing.I have an external pump, and need to know what the best way to set it up. Meaning... should I hook up a skimmer box? Or run a line to the bottom snd pull from there? Both? Is it better to bury the pump and run a line through the liner, or install it at ground level? I would really appreciate someone's help here as I have questions.

Reaction score
Hey lugnut if you are working with a" pond kit" such as what i have installed the pump goes in the bot. of the skimmer box and goes up through a pvc pipe to a buried hose to the bio falls. Hopes this helps..

Reaction score
Having both a bottom drain and skimmer is ideal, but may or may not make sense in your situation. Can you give us more detail about the size, shape, and depth of the pond, the pump, your site, how much you're willing to change, and what sort of fish are (going) in it?

Reaction score
Otter is right, it may or may not make sense depending on situation. If we had more details about the pond, we could certainly help you make an informed decision.

Ask a Question