Could this work....an underground box for pump tubing and valves?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I hope this makes sense....and now, when the renovation is almost complete, would be the best time to implement the plan.

One of my biggest peeves about the pond was having to pull the pump out whenever I needed to access the valves leading to the Skippy or the turtle bog area.

I previously posted, asking for opinions on the best placement for the valves, and the consensus was that it was "personal opinion." OK.

I am going to use flex-PVC for my tubing, so that I can use standard PVC fittings where I do have to use fittings. I'm planning to bury the tubing. So, what if I buried a plastic housing that I could run the valves through? They'd be out of the way, yet accessible. What made me think about it was the way skimmers are set up & plumbed, underground....

image.jpg
image.jpg

Pros, cons....??????

Or does anyone have other suggestions for my current set-up?

Freezing should never be a problem here, but I could always insulate the box during winter as a precaution.

BTW, these were drawings from my original thread....what to do with the valves....??
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We have a buried 4" valve from our bottom drain Maggie so I can see it being a problem at all just as long as no-one steps on it you should be fine :)

Dave(y)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Big Lou @Dave 54 @ZmanArt007 -- Thanks, all! Sounds encouraging!

I found this at HOME DEPOT.
image.jpg

I think they come in different sizes, so I'll have to get out the 3-way and valves to see what size would work best. Would only have to modify the holes to accommodate the 3 tubings, and the lid could be easily camouflaged if it needed to be!

Ask a Question