sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wish I could do everything .I do try to figure the easiest way to do it with the tools I have .I gave some of my tools to my son .Thanks for the vote of CE :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oooo, I wish I had a chop saw! Well, I failed at my attempt as it was. But drilled a few holes and put the pieces together with zip-ties and Gorilla tape. I think that is going to hold OK. I got a double layer of screen material glued & taped in place on one of the "covers," and it's looking good so far. Tomorrow I'll finish the other one, then get everything in place. For what I'm wanting this for, I think this concoction is going to work out fine. I may not work in the hinges that I wanted to use, but the "covers" look like they'll be light weight enough that it won't be a problem to lift them off whenever it's time to feed the turtles.

Thanks, all, for your help & encouragement!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad you got it done. I was going to suggest screws, glue, tape. The screening will also help hold it together. I bought my honey a nice 12 inch chop saw, I use it more than he does...........

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So far, so good! I have the smaller one finished, in place, and it looks functional. I started out using just the black screen material, but added some tan sun-screen material over that so it looks more natural.

The 3rd view shows the small one completed, and the frame for the larger one....
image.jpg

I screwed 1" x 1" x 10" blocks into the fence walls to support the cover. I have it recessed an inch or so from the top edge. I don't know yet if there needs to be something to hold it in place, but I'll give it some time and see what transpires.

image.jpg

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
So far, so good! I have the smaller one finished, in place, and it looks functional. I started out using just the black screen material, but added some tan sun-screen material over that so it looks more natural.

The 3rd view shows the small one completed, and the frame for the larger one....
View attachment 81110

I screwed 1" x 1" x 10" blocks into the fence walls to support the cover. I have it recessed an inch or so from the top edge. I don't know yet if there needs to be something to hold it in place, but I'll give it some time and see what transpires.

View attachment 81111

Looks good!

Ask a Question