Couple of ideas of filter cleaning

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
In the winter when cleaning your filters pour the dirty water down your toilet. It will help bread down whats in your tank kinda what ridex does or give some to your plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I'm not sure why you would pour extra fluid waste down into your septic. Seems counter productive. As long as your septic is healthy, and no one is dumping chemicals, cooking oil, baby wipes, etc., there should be plenty of natural bacteria to break things down.
I agree with Mmathis, it's great fertilizer for your garden.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not familiar with septic, but plants do indeed love pond water!
Septic tanks are like pond filters, they need good bacteria to eat up the waste. We have spetic at our house.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Dumping pond water into your septic won’t hurt anything, doubt it adds much benefit either.....Most septics don’t function properly anyhow as in most homes all the water from the house feeds into it, ie your dishwasher, washing machine, the detergent in this water kills the bacteria in the septic system.
In reality unless you are in a warm climate year round, you really aren’t doing much if any filter cleaning in the winter anyhow.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I make sure to use septic safe soaps, so far it has worked fine for 10 years. Last check all liquid.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
I make sure to use septic safe soaps, so far it has worked fine for 10 years. Last check all liquid.
septic safe soap? hmm interesting idea, out house uses septic too as it was from the 70s.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
I've had my septic system since 1996. No troubles. Just stay away from powdered detergent for washing.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
1988 for ours, never been pumped but our yard is steep.
lol this one has been in place since 1973, no clue if pumped before we owned it. I know we did not have a inspection done when we bought it.
Ours is like yours @mrsclem nothing but a dropping in level from the house, about a 10 foot drop to the main tank, 15 plus foot drop to the next tanks, then the back field is the drain field. We only learned what we had when we got a permit to build a pole barn as a garage. We have nothing but slopes in our yard.
Only found the tank when I dug the pond. There was over a foot of dirt covering the opening, non disturbed dirt.

Ask a Question