Covering a pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I am getting a rather large tree cut down thats near my pond. I know saw dust etc will end up in the pond no matter how careful the crew is. My question is how long can i cover the pond with a tarp( blue if it matters) with no issues ie warming the pond up to much etc.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We had a huge ash taken down that was right next to the pond. We covered with a blue tarp until the project was complete with no problems.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We had a huge ash taken down that was right next to the pond. We covered with a blue tarp until the project was complete with no problems.

Thanks. I was told 1 day for the job so i thought it be ok leaving air gaps but not sure about sun and heat etc as we may get snow tomorrow so not excattly spring and not right enough to do the " pond opening. "

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We had 2 trees taken down a couple of years ago. I spread a couple of the largest tarps I had over the pond and held them down with bricks. I might have had a length of PVC pipe that I used across the width of the pond to hold the tarps off the water, but I can’t remember. I did have my aerator going, so there was oxygen available since I don’t recall if I left any gaps in the tarps. The trees came down in one day, so pond wasn’t covered that long. The tarps worked to keep the pond clean.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Like already said. No problem at all. It will only be a few hours. A day job is only 8hrs for most crews. As far as temps, it is definitely not warm enough yet to worry about.

Ask a Question