Cow trough build ?

Reaction score
I'm planning to build a bigger better pond but I want to do it as cheap as possible but to be good.

I'm thinking of getting a large formed plastic vat & have a few feet in the ground & the rest raised & cladded with wood decking type material.

Where can I buy a farmers trough from?

Breeze blocks are an option but I'd rather go with a pre formed & just build around it.

Anyone know where I can get large plastic vats from, I've seen some for £500 but must be cheaper out there.

Regards.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Welcome, I have found used stock tanks around this neck of the woods very cheap. I bought 2 at 100 gallons and 150 gallons. I have them more for emergency needs. Ours are made by Rubbermaid

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
In the states we'd go to a tractor/farm supply store, across the pond I'd start with any shops you have that deal in farm/horse supply. Or try a web search. For 500 pounds, could you buy a rubber liner for a lot cheaper if cost is an issue?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Most plasttics companies carry a range of vats on their websites so do kopi dealerships and their wensites all you have to do is think about how your going to go about this thats all .
When your read to buy come back and give me a shout I have a lage 4.5ft deep 7ft diameter and 21 ft circumference welded plastic pond and could possibly save you alott of mistakes .

Dave

Reaction score
I'm planning to build a bigger better pond but I want to do it as cheap as possible but to be good.

I'm thinking of getting a large formed plastic vat & have a few feet in the ground & the rest raised & cladded with wood decking type material.

Where can I buy a farmers trough from?

Breeze blocks are an option but I'd rather go with a pre formed & just build around it.

Anyone know where I can get large plastic vats from, I've seen some for £500 but must be cheaper out there.

Regards.

Milzeh,

I assume that you reside in the UK. This company that I have dealt with in the past won't be able to assist you in procuring a tank, but you might be able to find a supplier of similar products near you. These tanks that I purchased would be too expensive to purchase new, but what I asked them for were "blemished" tanks. Tanks that they were unable to sell for their intended purpose due to defects. They fabricate these tanks through rotational molding machines for all sorts of applications. I was able to acquire these tanks for roughly half the price of a new, proper condition tank. Maybe you could search for a supplier of similar vessels near your hometown. It is just a thought for you to investigate.

This is their main hiome page address:
http://www.snydernet.com/OurProducts.aspx

This is a pdf link to the specific tanks that I bought for about $600 USD each:
http://www.snyderindustriestanks.com/Portals/0/PDF/opentop/1009900N.pdf

The tanks I purchased absolutely have to be installed in the ground or surrounded by some concrete form or metal structure otherwise the sides will bow out when filled with water.

Catfishnut

Ask a Question