crazy bird

Reaction score
I have no idea why this bird was trying to get in my house
scratchchin.gif
, but he was at it for like 5 min until i chased him away. He had the never to look at me like i was the crazy one.
100_0264.jpg

100_0262.jpg

100_0261.jpg

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Looks like a Mockingbird. They are very aggressive. I had one diveing after my cat everytime he went outdoors. I was afraid he would take out Smokys eyes. This went on for weeks until I dispatched him. Drove us nuts with all the chatter.

Reaction score
Yup its a mockingbird. He keeps pooping these red berries on our railing. Maybe thats what is making him crazy.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
ive got a black and white wood pecker trying to peck his way thru the back wall of my shed....i was in there working on my radial arm saw and kept hearing a tapping while i was cutting... turned off the saw to see if there was a problem and heard it again and then could tell where it was coming from...went out behind looked up he was 6' from me looked right at me and went back to work...shooed him off but hes been back at least several times since. i should snap a pic and post it. theres a pin hole thru the wall and the starts of many areas being ruined.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
we dont have mockingbirds ...he/ she looks nice, do have woodpeckers but not around here perhaps he she has got fed up making holes in trees and has moved onto bigger things !!
biggrin.gif

Reaction score
Yeah that's a mockingbird. It's the state bird here in texas, illegal to kill them. And yes they are very aggressive, often attacking cats and dogs in pairs or more. My neighbor's cat did lose an eye to one back in the late 1980's. Broke his leg too cause he fell far after the jab. They can be pretty mean, but they do have one very interesting characteristic. They are named the mocking bird for a reason. In the spring and fall I often leave the glass doors in my house open, with only a screen door to keep all the critters out. Well, my cordless phone is always parked right by one of the open doors and when it rings, the birds hear it. Once they hear it, I have to change the ringtone cause they all will make the exact noise all summer long. They mimic other noises as well, like other birds, car horns, the TV, children crying, etc. But they will still do the phone for a long time. And they sit out there and do it, and make me think someone is calling my phone from the top of my trees and out in the yard.

Reaction score
Very interesting. My house has large windows and birds constantly fly into them. I do not know what to do to stop them. I am surprised they have not broken any of the windows or I have not found any dead birds. It sounds like someone trowing a rock at the window from other parts of the house.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
That sounds like a great idea. I have one over my large waterfall and it has stopped the mockingbirds from nesting there.

Ask a Question