Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I'm sure this is going to sound insane and lazy and leave you wondering where I get the brain time to create such insane schemes but I was walking back from the outermost pond yesterday (about 200 yards from the house) and though "wouldn't it be nice if I did not have to walk out here to feed these fellas" and that is when I thought about how close the koi and turtle food pellets were in size to an airsoft gun. Well I loaded up one of the box clips with turtle food and sure enough it fired them about 1/3 of the distance a regular plastic bb goes and also was very consistent in where they landed so now I can just go to the first pond and feed the critters and then just shoot the rest into the outer pond. Don't worry though because the gun does not fire fast enough to harm anything and especially not enough to penetrate the water. If you are as crazy as me the airsoft gun is a M-4 Carbine replica full automatic and you can pick one up from Wal-Mart for about $90.00 or so but I recommend you get an extra battery which is only another 8 dollars so you never have to wait for charge time.

0acba226f4fa22f7656dd59b5b3045a5.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
crazy idea alright. But I agree with Meyer - walk my friend, is good for you :) Maybe the gun till come in handy as a feeding tool in winter though ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sorry but that made me laugh:ROFLMAO:
I agree you should walk to your koi and interact with them, or what's the point of having them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
He'll be using the swat squad who come out for him to feed them just you watch :ROFLMAO:

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I can see it happening

Attachments

• smlaughing4.gif
    smlaughing4.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 168
  • smlaughing4.gif
    smlaughing4.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 170

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Just hope you don't have any neighbors close by to see you using that! Could be issues!
My neighbors are already aware of this as well as my real guns so no real issue there. Actually I don't think I have any neighbors who don't have guns lol

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
@Marshall I think you need to look at your turtles for inspiration of how to have a slower brain process :p
Technically it was Atlas who gave me the idea. He sent me a turtle-text message with all the details :D

Ask a Question