Crazy koi babe seeks fellow koi nuts

Reaction score
My name is Jeanne and I am a koi-aholic. I have always had a passion for fish. Aquariums stopped doing it for me when I say the koi at the Blackhawk Plaza Shopping center. I was 'hooked'! I then proceeded to plan my backyard koi paradise. To this day I am constantly being reminded that the koi paradise must come after mortgage, food, college tuitions, etc. So I am very excited to find like souled people in which I can learn and swim with.

High Fin!
CriezMa

Reaction score
i hear ya i have 7 fish tanks and a pond and a homemade indoor pond as well that i keep all my fish that have outgrown the fishtanks in some are over 20 inches long glad to have you aboard Welcome

Reaction score
Welcome! I just got my first pond 4 months ago, I don't think I will ever have another house without a pond in the garden. Addicted.

I think its always been a dream of mine to have a pond.

Reaction score
i hear ya i have 7 fish tanks and a pond and a homemade indoor pond as well that i keep all my fish that have outgrown the fishtanks in some are over 20 inches long glad to have you aboard Welcome
'Tanks!' Sorry bad halibut. I am excited to start checking stuff out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Twenty Seven years a koi nut and proud of it (y)
Welcome please feel free to ask questions on issues of koi health or anything else relating to koi and I'm sure one of us will be able to help you with.
Pond and filter maintenance are going to be an issue for everyone as we come out of winter including yourself if your unsure just ask :)

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Welcome. As everyone has said, don't be afraid to ask questions and post loads of pics. :)

cheers,

Andy.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
3d_effects.gif
to our group!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
If we may be so bold" whats your favorite koi variety", ours is the Ochiba Shiguri followed a close second by our Budaki Gorromo but mutt wise it has to be brown top and tiny who have been with us the whole of our incredible koi journey from way back in the late 1980's to today
It's seen us become the founding fathers of a successful koi club in 1991 and our enrolement int the koi magazine UK's koi hall of fame in 2009 and taken us from a large indoor koi setup to a larger outdoor pond

Dave

Ask a Question