addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks jw, my mom was a gardener, big time green thumb, think I take after her. Nothing makes me happier than messing around outside. And being surprised at what grows since I can never remember what I put where lol!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
I have Carolina wrens here and last year a pair of House Sparrows began a nest in the birdhouse out back. The Wren came along and literally evicted the Sparrows, he started pulling out twigs and tossing them out! Hysterical to watch. I have a Phoebe who has returned to the same nest for the 3rd year under the roof behind the portico. Lots of birds have been passing through, have had Chipping Sparrows everyday. Nice pics! Love the frogs Fishin!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are busy feeding these little guys!, they shut their beaks and freeze when you get near. The little yellow lines are the side of each beak, there are two in this picture. I did not want to bother them trying to get the ones that are further back in the nest.

Attachments

• DSC01291.jpg
    DSC01291.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 287

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep, just a slightly different place, about 8 feet further back....... told hubby that area off limits again!

And it is where we store our pvc parts, but she does not seem to mind us coming and going.

Ask a Question