Creative help required please

Dec

Reaction score
Hi - new to this game

Having just fitted a new filter box (see pic) i would really appreciate some creative ideas (flowers/plants/rocks, etc) to hide it.

Any pics would be really useful. Thanks in advance

PS - ignore the date, it's wrong on the camera:lol:

Attachments

• 100_0833.jpg
    100_0833.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 393
Reaction score
Why can't you move it clear out of the picture like over to the far left? You could run those hoses quite a bit longer and use hose brackets to attach to the fence. Once you get it away from the pond a little bit you could hide it with a bush. Obviously you will need to build some sort of platform to set the filter on to obtain the height you need.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
Pondmaster is right, there is no need to have it at the pond if it can be plumbed elsewhere.
I would hide the pond walls with some Golden Bamboo and Taro.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice job on the walls, good block work. If you like your filter sitting where it is at, put some of the same block in front of it. It would blend in with the pond walls then.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
locating it off to the side as mentioned would make its cleaning and maintainence much easier also.............food for thought

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well it depends if they like wading! might get a little cold in the winter though.
They could get rid of whatever is under the filter and make the pond a little bigger too, if it was to the side, and the liner is big enough.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Do you have any room behind the fence ?

Could you cut a service door in the fence ?

Reaction score
on my last pond, i made a small water mill house and made a wooden wheel, the water came out just below the 'f'alse' wheel it looked very effective, we put a pitched roof on it, it sat just above the water level and the frogs spent the day hiding inside and when i needed to service the filter i just lifted the lid off

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
angler said:
on my last pond, i made a small water mill house and made a wooden wheel, the water came out just below the 'f'alse' wheel it looked very effective, we put a pitched roof on it, it sat just above the water level and the frogs spent the day hiding inside and when i needed to service the filter i just lifted the lid off

Sounds neat, post a picture if you still have one of it.

Reaction score
sorry, i don't have any pictures of that pond, all i did was made a frame up around my filter box out of 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" then nail narrow shiplap around the sides, it had a pitched roof which was also made of shiplap, i put a small false door and window (which i painted black) then made a round disc out of wood and stuck some wooden 'blades' on the 'wheel' and painted that black also, i think to try and conceal filter boxes with plants always looks like not a lot of thought went into it. it also works two ways, you don't see any wires or pipes going in or out of the filter box or uvc.

Ask a Question