Creeping jenny

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Can you plant creeping Jenny in soil and water regularly or does it have to be planted in a bog? I have planted it close to my waterfall (about a foot away) but do not have the option of planting it in a bog like situation. It is in straight sun and appears to be spreading.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I think it'll grow pretty much anywhere that there is a regular water supply, whether in a bog or in moist dirt.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It will literally grow ANYWHERE... and EVERYWHERE once it gets established. In the pond, next to the pond, in your garden. Once you have creeping Jenny in your garden, you will never run out!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
As others have stated, it grows all over the place. I found that if it's kept in pots, it will die over the winter in my zone 6b, but if planted in the ground, it will come back every year.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Mine is growing in the soil on the other side of that berm and creeping into the pond and also now it is traveling under that Red Maple too. It will grow into the grass and everywhere if you don't control it.

IMG_4967.JPG

Ask a Question