Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Some idiot of a mother brought a RES turtle to the rescue yesterday evening with a major shell fracture (3 scutes broken) :( and said her son "dropped him probably" and "she won't get him another pet except maybe a dog"... Now as a professional I can't speak my mind but I was thinking to myself "lady you need to get your son a counselor" :rage: because that serious of a fracture is either caused by the kid stomping the turtle, dropping a heavy object on it or throwing it hard onto the ground. I have turtles that fall off ledges at the big pond and drop 4 to 6 feet hitting the hard rock ground and come away with out a scrtatch (and even try to play it off like they meant to do it lol) but never will a simple fall cause major fractures. I know I did not see it happen but I am certain this little evil bastard intentionally hurt this poor turtle :mad:. Anyway I got him epoxy and casted and gave him antibiotic and am giving him pain meds so I hope the poor guy makes it. These turtles become like children after a while and really anyone with a heart would be sad to see this kind of cruelty. Sorry guys I just had to vent a bit.

PS: I have not named him yet so if anyone wants to then post a name in the reply if you have an idea :D

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Quick Update:
Just got through giving the new injured turtle his meds and checked his injury and the epoxy casting job turned out really good so I have a lot of confidence he is gonna be a survivor :)

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I like your second message, can't bring myself to like the first though.
It was definitely a vent and in the moment of anger so... I think it should be taken into account that if someone see's the reaction and says all that over one issue they should remember I see this sort of stuff everyday :)

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Marshall,
what I couldn't like is this woman's actions and attitude. If I was in your place, I'd react in the same way. I loath cruelty in any form.
I hope the kid gets help because that kind of behavior now could be a sign of much worse to come later in life if left un checked. As is my general rule, I believe the mother and/or father are to blame most likely. It is not normal for a kid to want to torture an animal so something went wrong somewhere in this kids psychological makeup.

Ask a Question