cup of tea, lovely

Guy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello from sunny Yorkshire, yes thats right, sunny and Yorkshire in the same sentence (Yorkshire is in northern England for those who dwell elsewhere). The site seems friendly so thought I would drop in, kettle on? Just to warn you its going to be one way traffic with me as I have inherited a pond with a recently purchased house. The good news is I am aquarium keeper so have the basics already.... mmmmmmm so nitrate turns into nitrite, er, no thats nitrite into nitrate, is one of them good, ahhh cant remember, there is no ammonia, ok that will do ;)

Right I am going to find the equipment sub forum as there is a pipe in the pond and I dont know whats its doing.

Guy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Yes pictures, we love pictures!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome! The nice thing about ponds is all that bad stuff gets converted into inert matter when everything is working right, but I'm sure you know that already! Please post pictures when you can!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
spider.gif
to our friendly pond group! pond fanatics

Guy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
So this is the inherited pond. Concrete slabs, liner on show and baking in the sun, plastic pots sticking out of the water and an inch of sludge in the bottom:wtf:. I feel a project coming on :nailbiting:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It looks like it's got good bones as they say and is still holding water. All it needs is a bit of cleaning and some tender loving care. I know....... easy for me to say while sitting here relaxing in the sun knowing I don't have to tackle the project :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You've got the start of something really lovely there! Well-placed plants can soften and hide many a flaw - and you've already got some nice ones there! - and a good cleaning will take a half a day, tops. Just dive right in... well, maybe not DIVE exactly...

Ask a Question