Custom built woodworking bench/surface

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Maybe this will be a use to some of you. With my parents project I needed a portable work bench that was a out feed table to my table saw. I also wanted a useable work surface. So I came up with this 4ft x 4ft plywood surface that goes with the adjustable height sawhorses. I use Rockler T tracks which are so useful for being able to clamp things down and make use of what is called bench cookies. If you never heard of them they work very well. Can you put the bench cookies on the bench directly or you can put extenders on them so you can raise the work piece to say use a jig saw without hitting the workbench. I added a router plate so I can use a router for making the shiplap boards for my parents walls. For my cabinet faces I am using a Bosch router table. There are many tables, benches on YouTube if any one needs detail on how to do it that are far nicer then mine. I made mine for my wants and it works very well so I can bring it back and forth to my house and my parents. I am making all the cabinet faces at my house. I also made a custom fence for the table saw out feed for the longer boards and for the router table that I can hook up a vacuum to. I also added a switch to turn on the router and the vacuum at the same time. Here are a couple of pics. It also work great for mounting the Bosh router table. Happy to answer any questions

IMG_2513.JPG
IMG_2514.JPG
IMG_2515.JPG
IMG_2516.JPG
IMG_2517.JPG
IMG_2519.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing, I'll have to show hubby!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Really nice work - I regret not building a router table in to my workbench. I may see if I can modify it and combine some of these features :). At the moment, I have to mount it in a similar way to your Bosch table, which isn't ideal when I'm working on large pieces.

Ask a Question