sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I pay 14.99 for unlimited internet through century link and my phone and free calls and transferred calls to my cell phone is 59.99 and what gets you is all the add on taxes .TAXED TILL THE DAY YOU DIE

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used to do FTA had a great time pulling things from the air, tons of movies, programs etc.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy,

That is cool! So you know precisely what I was referring to. Wasn't that a great deal of fun?

Gordy
For sure! Made a bunch of good friends in computers forums while doing it. Moved on to other methods when fta went away, but nothing now.

Reaction score
I cut the cord two years ago. Being sick of paying up the nose for satellite I started looking into other options and I came up with the Roku which comes in HD. You do need internet service but that's it. I decided to spend the big bucks ($7.99 a month) and subscribed to Netflix. There would not be enough hours in the day to watch all the tv series and movies that are available. Form old stuff like the Twilight Zone to new stuff like Breaking Bad it's all there. Plus with Roku there are hundreds of other stations (mostly junk) but there are plenty of free movies channels as well as PBS for those that like Downton Abby and Mr. Selfworth. Also a private channel "Nowhere" you can get things like CBS news. Three are also some A&E and History programs available. All in all it's a great way to cut the cord. If you get the Roku 3 you can also watch Youtube plus hook it up via a cat 5 cable instead of wifi.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Since we cancelled our tv, what I enjoy most is the peace and quiet.
I walk outside more, work in the greenhouse more and talk to my wife more.
The shows I thought I would really miss, I don't miss at all.
If we really wanted to watch something, I can find it online and we both watch it when it's convenient.

Why didn't we do this sooner?!

:)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are random watchers, not really stuck on anything, watch the end of movies more than the whole thing, have zero problem turning it off and being outside. Bet we could cut the cord, maybe some day talk honey into it. But our net connection is not the best, get a lot of buffering and that is with comcast, our only choice.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I find that we always need to download things ahead of time.
We can't watch anything streaming. Our internet connection won't keep up.
It's not a problem.
Paying $100/month for a lot of junk we didn't watch was a problem.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Now why can't we do that.............just rip that cord out? I'll tell you why, cuz my hubby won't do it! I would do it in a second. We could keep just the internet from Comcast which we get very good streaming stuff from. I watch stuff by plugging my little net book into the t.v and it works great. Most things we watch now on t.v we could get off the net. We have a triple play bundle w/Comcast right now. We could ditch the phone and the tv cable and use Magic Jack for our phone. We have one of those already and use it as a 2nd phone. Works great and cost only $30. per year when my free 6 months expires. That would mean we would only have to pay $50. per month for the internet instead of $174. right now..............for Heaven's sake. Do we need a DVR and HD box and 3 other extra boxes for the other 3 tv's? Nooooooooooooo, I don't think so! Can't convince him to ditch them tho

Reaction score
I have never heard of anyone who lived during the 1800's ever complaining about this situation. Do you suppose that there is a reason for that?

Yeah, I think that I could be content without TV, streaming crap videos and ranting nuts on the talk shows. I don't watch them anyway. All I watch these days are classic movies that I have recorded (John Wayne) or reruns of Gilligan's Island, etc. And I am still in love with Mary Ann! Doggone those cute little Kansas farm girls, they always get ya right in the heart!

:)

Gordy

Ask a Question