Cutting....er, sawing corners.....(LOL!)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There is still some work to be done, getting the berms to the shape I want, but ALMOST THERE!

The other day, Hubby asked me HOW I was going to accomplish that.
ME: I'm going to saw them.
HUBBY: You can't saw dirt!
ME: Well, I can.....

Maybe not what the Milwaukee Co. had in mind when they made their recip. saw, but it works great! A lot faster and neater than using a shovel! Could probably use a little longer blade [if there is one], but this was an older one that was about to be tossed.....
image.jpg

@fishin4cars

Well, darn! The title was supposed to say "Cutting...." not "Cutter...." and you apparently can't change titles..... Oh well :eek:

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
LOL Maggie!
Hey, it works! I have used it before when digging and I hit a root that I can't get with the loppers......plus, you can cut flush with it. :)

The only issue is that with our weird "soil" [mostly clay], in order to do anything and not make a total mess, you have to catch the clay at just the right state of hydration, and it has to be tamped down pretty compact for it to "saw" off that neatly.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
honestly I still cannot pronounce that word right... I say it "sew" and it's actually more like "sow" (or the other way around?) and my husband got a kick out of me trying to say it all the time...

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
That's a interesting new approach. Looks like it worked very well. Lowes and home depot both carry a 12" blade. We use them for work. They are usually for wood but that looks like the teeth count we use so should work. Looking good. Can't wait to see the finish product!!!!!! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, it works! I have used it before when digging and I hit a root that I can't get with the loppers......plus, you can cut flush with it. :)

The only issue is that with our weird "soil" [mostly clay], in order to do anything and not make a total mess, you have to catch the clay at just the right state of hydration, and it has to be tamped down pretty compact for it to "saw" off that neatly.
Maggie you took first prize in inventiveness when you thought that one up 10 out of 10 for your inventiveness just dnt tell the company they would have a fit if they saw what your using it for ,:ROFLMAO::LOL::D(y)

Dave ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
honestly I still cannot pronounce that word right... I say it "sew" and it's actually more like "sow" (or the other way around?) and my husband got a kick out of me trying to say it all the time...
Saw is the word your looking for Nepen (y)

Dave :happy:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Maggie you took first prize in inventiveness when you thought that one up 10 out of 10 for your inventiveness just dnt tell the company they would have a fit if they saw what your using it for ,:ROFLMAO::LOL::D(y)

Dave ;)
No, actually, the companies would probably start charging MORE for the blades & tool -- you know how prices go up if you add the word "pond" in the usage category, LOL! :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That's a interesting new approach. Looks like it worked very well. Lowes and home depot both carry a 12" blade. We use them for work. They are usually for wood but that looks like the teeth count we use so should work. Looking good. Can't wait to see the finish product!!!!!! :)

:) Well, hopefully it won't be long! I'm going to start work on the underlayment tomorrow..... Getting the liner in, well, that's going to depend on how many people I have to help -- that sucker's heavy!

Ask a Question