CW's Back Yard Water Garden Begins!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The wood I collected sure wasn't laying around in one area that's for damn sure. One came from West Virginia one from South Carolina and another from CT. well most from CT. I have been out to the west coast shore line and yes I was beyond drooling at all the drift wood laying on the beach. I found one area just south of Howe rain forest area that was beyond stacked with logs stumps etc. If i had drove out there i would have looked like a deer antler chandelier driving down he highway with limbs hanging out from every direction. It boggles my mind they rarely get storms out there / the west coast doesn't get hurricanes or twisters yet they have beaches covered with wood
i just don't get it what is the cause of all the wood in the waters , Land slides?
washington eagle_ (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD: I think it's just a lot of forests, a lot of rivers, and enough rain to raise those rivers high enough in the winter and spring to carry anything that's fallen near them downstream. Most of the tributaries around here flood every year. We also transport ton of timber up and down The Columbia and I think it's not terribly unusual for some to get lost along the way. Not like the old days, though, where they actually floated giant timber rafts down the river.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh, is that a shot from the PNW? It does look like it, but I assumed it was one of the places where you got your wood. Where did you visit?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes it is from in your neck of the woods. The Shorter answer is where didn't I go
washington  -2.jpg
washington  -3.jpg
washington  -5.jpg
washington  -9.jpg
washington  -11.jpg
washington  -12.jpg
washington  -13.jpg
washington  -14.jpg
washington  -18.jpg
washington  -19.jpg
washington  -21.jpg
washington  -22.jpg
washington  -23.jpg
washington  -25.jpg
washington  -28.jpg
washington  -32.jpg
washington  -33.jpg
washington  -35.jpg
washington  -39.jpg
washington  -40.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Gorgeous shots. I recognize a lot of those landmarks. Have summited most of the peaks in the area several times.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When i work in an area i usually leave knowing the area better then most locals. When you get done working you head home cut the lawn x the stom door, change the oil in the tractor. When i travel when I get done each day its road trip time take a new way back to the hotel or rv each time . Not in a hurry to sit and wait for the sun to set life is short.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If only it was that easy around here i searched for months

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If only it was that easy around here i searched for months
that's okay, GB; I bet when CW wants to go looking for high electricity, he'll come visit your neck of the woods and stock up...er, wait; that wouldn't be a good thing, would it? How about when he needs to stock up on mosquitoes for around the pond, he'll come to Conn and...no, that's not optimum either. I know! MOSS! Okay, let me start again...

that's okay GB, I bet when CW gets done researching moss for around the pond--probably a 3-4 month process, he'll set his sights on your part of the country, drag his lil boat with him, and load it all up with fresh minty moss, hey?

Geez, bet you're wishing twasn't raining and I'd had to work today, huh?

:cool: :D :cool:

Ask a Question