Country
United States
1652279867097.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Side note: Savio waterfall foam is junk. Doesn’t bod to rocks. Doesn’t bond to liner. Doesn’t matter if installed wet or dry or on a clean or dirty surface. Breaks down very quickly in the sun. Generally useless stuff for $20/can.

Can’t compare it to other black landscape/aquatic foams since I haven’t used them, but thus stuff sucks.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Side note: Savio waterfall foam is junk. Doesn’t bod to rocks. Doesn’t bond to liner. Doesn’t matter if installed wet or dry or on a clean or dirty surface. Breaks down very quickly in the sun. Generally useless stuff for $20/can.

Can’t compare it to other black landscape/aquatic foams since I haven’t used them, but thus stuff sucks.
I just used totalpond foam on my bog liner ( same material as yours ) it was pretty good but didn't form a super strong bond to the liner.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If it's not a pro gun mount I'll have no part of it theguns work so much better. Just never leave the gun without a tube /can on it or you might as well just toss it .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cw when you figure out the day your going to start it up you better take some pto time your not going to want to move and leave your pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If it's not a pro gun mount I'll have no part of it theguns work so much better. Just never leave the gun without a tube /can on it or you might as well just toss it .
I do have a gun. Bought it when I sealed my attic. I have one with a 48” barrel, too, so I could reach the exterior wall top plates without bashing my head on roofing nails.

Gonna refoam the waterfall from my patio.

I’ll definitely be enjoying a cold one the day the waterfall is running. Maybe tomorrow? Depends on if grandma comes to watch the kid.

Gonna be a “rolling start”, though. Finishing up external pump plumbing right now—SO MUCH more complicated than a submersible. Negative edge waterfall will not be built yet and still missing one/two pumps to power everything else.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I do have a gun. Bought it when I sealed my attic. I have one with a 48” barrel, too, so I could reach the exterior wall top plates without bashing my head on roofing nails.

Gonna refoam the waterfall from my patio.

I’ll definitely be enjoying a cold one the day the waterfall is running. Maybe tomorrow? Depends on if grandma comes to watch the kid.

Gonna be a “rolling start”, though. Finishing up external pump plumbing right now—SO MUCH more complicated than a submersible. Negative edge waterfall will not be built yet and still missing one/two pumps to power everything else.
you better get that youtube video of the first fire up you know no ones going to believe it other wise

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Was getting pissed off at the realization that I'd need 3 90º elbows to transition from the vertical discharge of my pump to the horizontal piping running to the bog. Then I realized I could use just 1 if I rotate the pump 90º instead. It's a centrifugal pump. Why should it care which way it sits?

Also, why don't they make these things with a side discharge? How many people are actually pumping straight up in the air?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Now looking at the thing again, it seems like the bolt pattern between the pump and the motor are symmetrical. I bet you could remove the pump and refasten it to the motor in any direction you want. Maybe that's why they don't make side discharge—because you can just pull a few bolts and make it a side discharge. Going to call Advantage in the morning and see what they think.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You figured out the check valved or back feed you were getting i take it.

Ask a Question