j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Guess it's a lot whiskey but I don't know how to make the pounds into dollars. I bet you can figure out a cheaper way if you look around more.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha too lazy today tmann! Tired of doing anything today........been smacking snow off trees all day and shoveling paths front and back. Thanks for the link but now I have to go look and see what's what there. Why did you not just figure it out for poor little ole me and then I could continue on my lazy way,lol!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok so it wasn't that big of a deal to figure out..............about $571. us dollars...............that's a lot! But tmann I had to go back one whole page, scroll down then get the number from whiskey's post then go back to page 2 where your conversion link was and then click on the link and put the # in and then come back here and post this.............phew, your killing me,lol!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day, teach him to fish and you will feed him for a lifetime

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Whiskey, I'm pretty sure I saw a post about your water wheel, but was wondering again about it. Assume you built it? Does anyone know of a place to buy one that would work in a pond full-time (or at least during the "working" months)? I have always wanted a water wheel, and since I'm toying with the idea of expanding my pond, thought now would be a good time to think about adding one to the mix. :LOL:

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
CountryEscape...yes my friend you could make one like mine and leave it running all year, i have set mine up to run between 8am to 6pm in winter months but spring/ summer/aultum i set it to run later till 10pm. being it powered by water from pump, its simple to set on timer.
Just make sure you use HARDWOOD not soft....as soft twists and swells out of shape.
My waterwheel is in d.i.y. section under :
[hi all from whiskey in mildenhall england].
My water wheel will be centre stage in new koi pond and keeping top pond for goldfish etc.
I hope to keep koi sturgeon carp tench and maybe catfish being fishermen over here use dead fish as bait , catfish have taken a back seat .
If you want any help in construction ,please feel free to [ pm ] me as i was a bench joiner before i retired.
If you feel confidant to take on project just follow my step by step guide in whiskeys water wheel thread...would even consider making one for you but shipping costs built or flat packed would be exspensive....not only that, it takes all the fun out of building it yourself..............choise is yours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, thanks Whiskey. I've made a note about your post and your DIY on the waterwheel. I'm not sure I'm quite that carpentry-inclined, but my son could help me out. And, you're right, to do it myself would be yet another "I Did it!" situation, and I love having those. :) Maybe now would be a good time to try starting one, during the winter when can't do much of anything else. Thanks!!!

Ask a Question