DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Proto type tests completed,Heres end results,simple ,handy ,totally adjustable ,super easy to clean ,adjust ,modify ,experiment or just play with.
I was after ,Good aeration ,fine filtering,easy maintainance ,and a clean design. My favorite ,6 layers of my tubes 1/2" layer of quilt batting on top,super filtering ,good aeration ,good cooling and limited water disturbance of water ,so you can see the fish as they seek shade and cooler water,not for everybody but ,I made it for my unique situation .principle could be adapted for many other configurations,pix to follow if I don't boo boo! see what you think!

Attachments

• DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 001.JPG
    DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 001.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 382
  • DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 002.JPG
    DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 002.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 357
  • DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 003.JPG
    DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 003.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 391
  • DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 003.JPG
    DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 003.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 339
  • DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 004.JPG
    DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 004.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 352
  • DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 005.JPG
    DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 005.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 350
  • DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 006.JPG
    DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 006.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 391
  • DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 007.JPG
    DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 007.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 386
  • DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 008.JPG
    DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 008.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 365
  • DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 009.JPG
    DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 009.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 331
  • DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 010.JPG
    DAM SPILLWAY CONVERSION 010.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 303

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow that's excellent! What's it made out of? Looks like stainless..................hmmmm, you are giving me ideas.........could mean more work for my DH :razz:

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
totally,I wish my perferated basket was a might stiffer ,but thats what I had ,I just like thing that are abuseproof ,helpers you know !

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
ok jw poor hubby will be thinking now .I want a close up pic of your 1 floating island that looks like it has turtles on it and love that pond .It looks like you can close it up or open it and is that to aid in cleaning .

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
If you are talking about my island with the frogs ,turtle an gator ,That is a vinyl covered plastic 18" restraunt serving tray sitting on a diy milking stool legs trimed to fit dept.h and angle of water level ,really high tech stuff in my pond .LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oh it's not free floating and looks like it is .I could retrofit it to float .I think it is so cute .I just love how your pond is built reminds me of a dock and a boat ,how bout a bock .I could use styrofoam under it to make it float

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
The problem with free floating ,1Balance one side would always tip down 2 it would always float exactly where you would not want be I guess you could anchor it ,butstill got the tip and balance problem too much floatation to cure that now it's too high out of the water .nothing is ever simple ,I am trying to do pertty much the same thing with my lillies so you can see under them ,what a job they are all root bound captured containers going up like a bush ,cussing my way thru that mess.,floating dock might be a good shade item,hummm! I like plants but they are messy,and for some reason they keep growing .lol

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Very nice and stainless steel always looks quite aesthetically pleasing.

Looks like it'd be crazy simple to clean. Open door. Dump basket. I figure ya could always adjust the filtration quality by simply folding a piece of smaller sieve mesh material in the basket.

Is that stainless steel?? What do ya use to weld it??

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
You are absolutely correct,totally completely adjustable to any configuration ,I like batten on bottom that same perferated ss the basket is made of layered curves ,faced up each layer slightly wider creating 5 layers separated about 1 1/4" gap createing a mini TT before going thru the batten ,or other one has my rolled tubes 6 layers same theory slicker than grease ,simple design ,no welding on either as I recycled existing used stainless from my collection of used scrap equip .But you can configure any thing you can imagine as long as it will fit in the perf. basket.If your want heavy stuff ,you'll need to make a stronger basket for shells ,stone etc. I wasnted to defuse the water fall w/o loosing it's aeration benefits and final filter at the same time and be able to see the fish .

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
OK, I have had a chance to use both of them now for over a 30 hrs ,can not tell you adaquately just how much the two of them collecter in the batting ,cleaned out twice to see if ,first time ,was because of the disturbance I caused ,this after noon I installed my diy auto pond sweeper ,tonight the clarity is at an all time high and filter was loaded again .next couple days will really tell as how much is new and not residual .

Ask a Question