Daming a section of the pond

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Kicking around the indea of separating a small cove from the remainder of the pond. The entire present liner must remain in place. The dam must provide a water tight seal. The length of the dam will be 4 to 6 feet. Width and height as needed. Materials to be determined.

Is this project even possible?

Reaction score
Wow this sounds hard to do, can't get my mind around it yet! I have used GOLD LABEL UNDERWATER SEALER POND AQUARIUM SEALANT LINER REPAIR LEAK SEAL . It can be used with the water in the pond. You would need a lot and it's not really for large jobs like yours.

Reaction score
The water level would be below the work area.
Great, would foaming the edges of whatever material you use to the liner be o.k.? I don't know how water proof the foam is and for how long against pressure. Is this a temp job?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You could build a wall and use hydraulic cement. Between each and every stone. You will want a product like water plug. The only issue is you have very limited work time with hydraulic cements.

Ask a Question