Dang, lost a koi

Reaction score
Just purchased four new koi. I went out to feed them and only counted seven fish. The others are just decorative goldfish. Anyway, I thought he was hiding, which happens, but usually when I feed them, they all go nuts. Lo and behold, as I was walking around the pond, I found the "hidden" koi stuck between two rocks. Seems as though he got in between those rocks and couldn't get back out. Just needed to vent a little.

Reaction score
Aw! So sorry for your loss! Can you remove these rocks from your pond so that no other fish gets caught?

It's funny how these fish can get themselves into the darnedest spots! I had a jumper last week. I was doing a feeding and just like you felt that someone was missing. Sure enough, I walked around the pond and found him laying on the ground stone cold dead. I had just gotten him 3 days earlier, and I noticed he was a jumper in the bag. Ironically, at that point when he was still in there, I was already thinking I had a jumper on my hands. Sure enough, it's exactly how it played out.

Always sucks to lose a fish.

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. I recently lost one due to hubby cleaning the rocks out of the pond. He dropped one and it crushed my koi called Pound. My 24 yr old son (we call him pound so named our koi after him) bought him, her for us 2 yrs ago. He is devastated and is going out to buy another one for us. It is amazing how attatched we get to our pets.

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
That does stink man. I have had one stuck like that once. Banged himself up pretty good but survived.

A couple days ago I went to check on the new babies and one was stuck in the mesh netting from a pond plant(I knew better bought thought they would stay away) He was still alive so I cut the netting and freed him. He is doing fine except for a ring around his body from where he was stuck. He name is now "Ringo".

Ask a Question