Darn Birds!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have a secondary tub/Waterfall i have set up on the opposite end of my pond to put some of my Lotuses i grew from seeds. I check on it daily and i have noticed a ton of bird poop floating in the water. It is baby bird poop that the parents are removing from nests and they are dumping it in the tub! So I have been scooping tons of baby bird poop out of this tube! I am not happy with the darn birds for this. But if you think about it.... If i was carrying poop in my mouth I sure would want to have some water to wash my mouth out after I dropped it. I will have to put of my Owl decoy to stop them. Other than that anyone know what else to put out to stop them from doing this?

Reaction score
have you seen them doing it? wondered if it is just birds sitting on edge of tub and just letting go.. never knew birds would pick up poop and place it elsewhere

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
i just scoop it out... wash it off the rocks and spray everything toward the skimmer. It is kind of a pain, but I like the birds around.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
The other day I was sitting by the bottom pond and someone dropped a turd from the tree above. When it hit the water it was all white, looked like a egg in a way, it splat right there in the middle of the bottom pond. Thought about getting the net, but I sure it would just go thru the net, so I watched as it settled to the bottom and just disappeared into the sludge, thought to myself, "shit happens" so let the sludge monster bacteria deal with it :)

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
they do in fact look like an egg, or a crazy little jellyfish or something, i see them floating around in the skimmer and sometimes they look like a creature.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It is big and white. That is the baby chicks poo. The parents remove it out of the nest and drop it normally in the same location.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lucky you ics as it seems they love your drop off spot! They'll be gone from the nest soon and then you can rest easy.

Ask a Question