Darned kids

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Well we had a houseful for the holiday....about 30 kids 12 and under.(big catholic family)...anyways, all the kids in the family love the fish and were up and down the basement stairs to visit the basement pond. well i told them "NO FEEDING THE FISH"...well as i knew might very well happen, but didnt monitor them. they decided feeding them while i wasnt around was appropriate. this morning i went to feed the fish and noticed the container felt lighter than it should. (i fill a folgers plastic coffe can,that i usually get a week out of). about 1/4 empty and i filled it that morning. looked in the pond and what a (e-mail address removed) of poop there was in there. I vaccuumed it out..but had to cleanout the canister on my DIY vaccuum to finish. i always complete the vacuuming without having to clean it..

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
got to love them or you would hang them........lol (jk)

Reaction score
I have to put my fish food where my middle daughter can't find it or she will feed my fish when she thinks they look hungry. I tried to explain to her she is doing more harm than good I just get that deer in the head lights look..:fish:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
I hear ya...but after a couple hours of playing the "Aquarium tour guide" (it was like a elementary and pre school field trip) i thought i might get away with being able to socialize with the adults for a while...silly me, i didnt think to hide it, at least they left the fingerling food, fry food and, freeze dried brine shrimp alone.

Reaction score
LOL I know you should have been there guide all day..Oh ya that could have been a much worse situation than you ended up with...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well at least they didn't all decide to go for a swim w/ the fishies :alieneyesa:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
OH...and they were a bit stressed this morning. didnt come to me as i approached...i can imagine all the hands in and out of the water,and the slapping and splashing. this along with the probability of kicks to the pond walls and banging on the top ledge....thank God theres only 3 maljor holidays in a year!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got 1 of those locked plastic cabinets and I used concrete anchors to put it up on the basement wall and put a rubber seal around it so hopefully the mice don't help themselves and if they do I will see where they chewed it .I wanted to get a metal one but kinda of expensive so settled for plastic

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Thank goodness it wasn't any worse. LOL, I've thought many times about trying to get one of those .25 cent gumball machines for when the grand kids come. At least that way Mom and Dad can pay for some of that fish food, and keep a monitor on how much is being fed. Plus I thought it would be kind of cool out there by the Koi.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
fishin4cars said:
Thank goodness it wasn't any worse. LOL, I've thought many times about trying to get one of those .25 cent gumball machines for when the grand kids come. At least that way Mom and Dad can pay for some of that fish food, and keep a monitor on how much is being fed. Plus I thought it would be kind of cool out there by the Koi.

Neat idea, I don't have any grand kids, but those that do it would be fun for them.

Ask a Question