DC Orchid Show Oct 6-8

Reaction score
Come to the National Arboretum to enjoy the huge koi pond (and whatever lillies and pond plants may still be around) and the orchids.
Last year, I got some laddies tresses (spiranthes) orchids for the pond. They're with my grass pinks (Calopogons) in the pond.

(For more detailed info, see: www.ncos.us/ncos/fallshow.htm)

65TH ANNUAL ORCHID SHOW
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6TH THROUGH MONDAY, OCTOBER 8TH, 2012
U. S. NATIONAL ARBORETUM
24TH AND R STREETS, NE, WASHINGTON DC

On Columbus Day weekend, The National Capital Orchid Society will present its 65th annual Orchid Show at the U.S. National Arboretum- "Orchid Jubilee: Celebrating 65 Years" FREE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC! Plan to visit, bring friends, see thousands of unique orchid plants in bloom, partake in our educational lectures, meet our 'Orchid Doctor' to help answer questions, visit our Sales Tent with top-quality vendors for plant and supply sales, unique orchid-themed gifts, and MUCH MORE! Fall is one of the best blooming seasons for orchids in DC, so come prepared for a wonderful selection of orchids to see and buy!

Show Schedule
(Saturday, October 6th through Monday, October 8th)

Saturday 8:30-9 am Sales tent open for NCOS members only
9 am - 5:00 pm Sales tent open to the public
10 am - 5:00 pm Exhibit open to the public
Sunday 10 am - 5 pm Exhibit and sales tent open to the public
Monday 10 am - 3 pm Exhibit and sales tent open to the public

Show Vendors

Plants and/or orchid supplies will be sold by Arbec Orchids, Fishing Creek Orchids, Floradise, J&L Orchids, NCOS Member Sales, Orchid Enterprise, The OrchidPhile, Orchid Enterprise, Parkside Orchid Nursery, Quarter Acre Orchids, Seagrove Orchids and Woodstream Orchids. Art products will be sold by IsoTotes and Sunisa's Clay Flowers. More detailed information about some of these vendors is available on the following websites:

•Floradise Orchids / www.floradise.com
•Parkside Orchids / www.parksideorchids.com
•J&L Orchids / www.jlorchids.com
•Orchid Enterprise / www.orchidenterprise.com
•QuarterAcreOrchids / www.quarteracreorchids.com
•Seagrove Orchids / http://seagroveorchids.com
•Woodstream Orchids / www.woodstreamorchids.com

Attachments

• rsz_orchid_poster_mock_4.jpg
    rsz_orchid_poster_mock_4.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 291

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh neat, too far for me but sounds pretty cool! If you go take your camera and post up all the neat things you see!

Ask a Question