minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
minnowman submitted a new Showcase Item:

Deck & greenhouse ponds

It's a quiet Fathers' day with several rain showers, so there was lots of time to take pics. This all started about 6 years ago with the construction of the greenhouse/screenhouse. The deck area is not quite finished. It is all on one level for wheelchair access. All of the ponds have liners. The greenhouse ponds are 10'x16'and 10'x9'x3'. They are filtered through a 2 cubic foot homemade bead filter. The deck ponds are 16'x20'x18-24" and 20'x20'x18-24" there is no filter. A small pump sends water through the cast iron pump into the 16x20 pond. It returns through a 2" pvc line to the 20x20 pond.

Read more about this showcase item here...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
These grow all year in your climate don't they? Just lovely and what a place to admire. Each day brings new blooms :)

minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Jw, some of the tropicals bloom all winter in a greenhouse, but the normal outdoor blooming season is April through October.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Very nice. Would be nice to have ponds in a greenhouse. No worries about predators or leaves!

minnowman

minnowman
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9a
Thanks everybody. haver79, you are correct. The greenhouse stops predators and leaves from getting into the ponds. No worries about a special fish getting eaten.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
The baby Koi are really growing! Everything looks so lush and big and full of blooms! BTW, The Paradise Gourami's are really taking off this year. Bet I have 60-75 babies in one of the eight by eight ponds. I have 7 goldfish in the eight by eight beside it and it doesn't stay nearly as settled out as the one with the paradise fish. The more I have them the more I see why you like them with the lily's. Looks good, Tell Mrs. Pauline I said hello!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
wow, you got some beautiful pond. Love the one in the greenhouse with big tree in the pond!

Ask a Question