Deer last night by the pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Eating the duck corn :) Horrible picture but better then no picture. It was fairly dark out and thru the screen door.

Yesterday we had a hawk sitting right above on the perch where the deer is. The woodchuck, bunnies, ducks, deer, chipmunks, squirrels and many birds were by the pond yesterday. The day before the Great Blue Heron was there but flew off quickly. This water feature does attract the creatures for sure (the cracked corn helps too) (y).

IMG_3420.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I love deer!....maybe because they get fed far from the house and don't cause any damage
and I I don't think this is an horrible picture, it's way better than my deer shot
smthumbup.gif

Reaction score
Wow so lucky to see so much of nature, living in a big city does not have the joy of sitting outside and see all you do. We do enjoy sitting by the pond and watching the fish. Enjoy your pond and fire pit they look great.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6B (-5 to 0 F)
Country
United States
Love your pond and surroundings! I’m a local(ish) neighbor in Mass. Do you have Koi and do you mind telling me where you get them?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Love your pond and surroundings! I’m a local(ish) neighbor in Mass. Do you have Koi and do you mind telling me where you get them?
@mtravigne Thank you. As far as my Koi I did my them from Tranquil Water Gardens in Lincoln RI but they closed. (A shame too, I really liked there quality). There is a new owner but they said no fish this year, only doing pond install. This year I added 5 Koi from NDK thru ebay, I was pleased start to finish with the company. They arrived looking super healthy. I did a grab bag so to speak and they pick 5 for you. This is a cheaper way then picking them individually. I like to keep the price down in case the heron decides he likes Koi too.

This place is pretty good but I never bought fish from them http://www.countrygardens-rowley.com/ They are in Rowley Ma.

I only have the Butterfly koi. I had 6 in total but the heron took 4 of them over the last 2 years. The 2 left are good size now. Butterfly Koi are my favorite. Here are the new kids

IMG_3527.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6B (-5 to 0 F)
Country
United States
@mtravigne Thank you. As far as my Koi I did my them from Tranquil Water Gardens in Lincoln RI but they closed. (A shame too, I really liked there quality). There is a new owner but they said no fish this year, only doing pond install. This year I added 5 Koi from NDK thru ebay, I was pleased start to finish with the company. They arrived looking super healthy. I did a grab bag so to speak and they pick 5 for you. This is a cheaper way then picking them individually. I like to keep the price down in case the heron decides he likes Koi too.

This place is pretty good but I never bought fish from them http://www.countrygardens-rowley.com/ They are in Rowley Ma.

I only have the Butterfly koi. I had 6 in total but the heron took 4 of them over the last 2 years. The 2 left are good size now. Butterfly Koi are my favorite. Here are the new kids

View attachment 110489
Helpful. Thank you so much! They are beauties.

Ask a Question