DELAYS ARE NOT ALL BAD

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We got the hole dug end of March. Still haven't ordered the liner. But since the initial excavation, I have found SO MANY THINGS TO TWEAK! Once I had an actual HOLE to study, all kinds of ideas and what-ifs came to mind. Some practical/structural, and some cosmetic. But I'm just glad for the extra time to study it and to be able to put more thought into what might make it a better pond!

Of course, it would rain last night, and we didn't get the tarp over the hole. So back to waiting for it to dry so I can "tweak" some more ;)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
better than building and going darnnnnnnnnnnn shoulda woulda coulda

whiskey

Always trying to perfect something fishy
Reaction score
yep softly softly. if your like me , you will make changes as you go and end up with something you never thought of before you started the pond.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well, have been doing lots of "tweaking," over the past week, and can honestly say that things are just about the way I want them :). Worked on carving out rock shelves (to hide liner) and getting the bottom evened out. Also, decided to place concrete blocks (with rebar) along the side where the turtles will be, to be a retaining wall. That side is shallower and I want it to be as stable as possible (no shifting). That was a chore 'cause I had to chop off the end of the sloped area, you get the idea.... Fortunately, the "clay" is about the right consistency to work with, and I could walk around on the bottom without getting stuck.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well, have been doing lots of "tweaking," over the past week, and can honestly say that things are just about the way I want them :). Worked on carving out rock shelves (to hide liner) and getting the bottom evened out. Also, decided to place concrete blocks (with rebar) along the side where the turtles will be, to be a retaining wall. That side is shallower and I want it to be as stable as possible (no shifting). That was a chore 'cause I had to chop off the end of the sloped area, you get the idea.... Fortunately, the "clay" is about the right consistency to work with, and I could walk around on the bottom without getting stuck.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oops! Moderators! The first time I tried to send, I got a "this service isn't available" message -- so I kept trying!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing tm, we got it! you been tweaking ................. a lot lol

Ask a Question