DESPARATELY SEEKING KOI RESUCE

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Koi Lovers,

My name is Kay and I live in Pleasanton, CA. I have 2 koi that are both approximately 1 foot long. They currently live in a 37 gallon tank with a very, very large goldfish. My daughter who is 30 started winning goldfish at our county fair since she was a little girl. I, of course, ended up taking care of the fish. I have 7 county fair fish, including my 2 koi. And I had no idea that 2 of the 1 /1/2 inch fish were koi until they started growing like weeds and I noticed their little feelers on each side of their mouths. Now, my guys aren't of the Japanese variety, colorful and fancy and all. They are just a plain silver-grey but I love them just the same. They are like my kids. Now, here comes the hard part. I am partially disabled and it is getting more difficult fpr me, with each water change that is required to keep my guys alive.

I am looking for a rescue. Someone that lives in my area who could take my babies off my hands. I would like someone who loves koi as much as I do to actually adopt my fish so that I would have peace of mind knowing that they are being well taken care of.

So, please consider helping an ole' lady out and give my koi a better home for them to grow up in, please!!!!!

Thank you, so much for your consideration . . . Kay

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Can you post a picture? There are a bunch of california koi keepers on this forum. I am sure someone will help you.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am sure someone will help. There are quite a few ponders from CA. You could always pm Drdave as he lives in CA and may know of someone who could take them.

Ask a Question