Detecting a Leak

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The best way is to look for wet spots near the edge. A low edge can allow water to "leak" out, which is what most "leaks" are. Unless you suspect something was walking in the stream an poked a hole in the liner...

Do you have a pond attached to this stream? A waterfall? Post some pictures and we can be more helpful! Plus we're nosy!

Reaction score
The best way is to look for wet spots near the edge. A low edge can allow water to "leak" out, which is what most "leaks" are. Unless you suspect something was walking in the stream an poked a hole in the liner...

Do you have a pond attached to this stream? A waterfall? Post some pictures and we can be more helpful! Plus we're nosy!

Attachments

• 20200701_111715.jpg
    20200701_111715.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 77
Reaction score
I'll check for low spots. Attached is a pic of my tiny stream and lower pool which keeps needing to be filled. Thx for suggestion!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh gosh! That's so pretty!

How old is your pond? Is the water loss consistent? Have you checked your plumbing for loose connections? First step is always turn off the pump and let the pond sit for 24 hours and see if you still lose water. If yes, then the loss is in your pool. If not, then you know it's somewhere in the plumbing or stream.

I ask if the pond is new only because it can take some time to get used to the regular water loss that you will have with a pond due to evaporation, splashing, etc.

Ask a Question