Devastated tadpole population - the killer filter.

Reaction score
Hello,

My new pond was taking shape. I had let nature fill the pond, building ladders for frogs to get in and out. i got 4 little goldfish and 3 bigger.

an accurate count of more than 60 frogs was made (frog loving was on the cards)

Frogspawn was abundant

then they hatched

now they are all gone...........ALL GONE.

My relatively small filter at the bottom of the pond murdered all of my tadpoles. How have you managed to get around this because next year there will be just as many and its a damn shame to loose 1 tadpole, let alone all of them!

Your experience / advice.

Yours sadly - Fin

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Don't worry they did not all get killed you will be surprised .I get so many I put them in buckets and take them down to the creek .I also mentioed it at the vets I have lots already and vet called me and a farmer right down on HWY 58 wants them for his big pond so I just went down and got a big bucket full of them so gonna take them over there now .

Reaction score
A pond can be run as what I call a Wildlife Pond. No pumps, no filters. You just provide the pond and take what nature provides. Nature is pretty good at this stuff. Whether nature provides something desirable or not is each individual's tastes.

Ask a Question