Dichondra

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,
i have pulled out all growth around my pond and am wanting to have dichondra be my plant of choice, enclosed is pic. I have planted dichondra up on the hill and would like to also have it surrounding pond where dirt is exposed ( see pic ) after planting and trying several different things through the years im thinking D will be the easiest to care for. ( bones getting old and not cooperating ) SO FINALLY ! My question is . Is Dichondra toxic to koi? Thanks Fishy Friends.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh my gosh - just beautiful! And I agree with @Mmathis - you'll read all kinds of lists of plants that are toxic to fish, but most of us have used most of them in and around our ponds with no ill effect. I think it will look beautiful! And easy to care for is always a plus!

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I haven't heard that any of the dichondras are toxic to pets but dichondra micrantha can give some people and pets dermatitis.
Dichondra repens has no such problems that I am aware of.
Dichondra argentea "Silver Falls" is a gorgeous grey leaf variety that we have planted around our pond. But we don't have Koi so I can't help you there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confuzion

Latest Threads