Dimelius' pond

Buddy's heaven
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This is an automatically generated discussion thread for the pond showcase "Dimelius'(simo) pond". Please add to the discussion here.
yeppa, very good job! I did have one question; in the second to last pic (ending in #43), are you casting something using cement? Sort of looks like the bottom of a bird bath bowl. And if not, what is it and what's if for? You ain't gonna put this in the pond upside down for Shelly to stand on,are ya? :D :D :cool: :giggle:

stninja.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
yeppa, very good job! I did have one question; in the second to last pic (ending in #43), are you casting something using cement? Sort of looks like the bottom of a bird bath bowl. And if not, what is it and what's if for? You ain't gonna put this in the pond upside down for Shelly to stand on,are ya? :D :D :cool: :giggle:

View attachment 145812
It's the top of the filter, that i camouflage with polystyrene and cement, right now is filled with torba and is the place of my Sarracenias.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
And isnt finished...missing almost all plants and all the fishes...eh eh
something to look forward to! We'll be expectin' lots of pics when this part happens, hey? I'll give you time off from grooming the camp just for taking pics! Though, them swords still need sharpening!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy

View attachment 145812
Here is the top...this spring will add 1 more plant
20211227_151442.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Ya, i asked him too about sarracenia, coz I saw em in his pond video...he got more closer to pond, to the edge...mine are at top of "waterfall" coz with turtle im a bit scared that it will bulldozerin em...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ya, i asked him too about sarracenia, coz I saw em in his pond video...he got more closer to pond, to the edge...mine are at top of "waterfall" coz with turtle im a bit scared that it will bulldozerin em...
do they replicate very fast? I bet in time, you'll be able to spread them out and if Buddy DOES misbehave, you'll still have others to take their place. I had some turtle damage to a water poppy last summer; broke off leaves and it took forever to grow back. Never bloomed and I was disappointed; won't have it next summer, will try something else. Maybe some frogbit as you showed me in your pic.

Ask a Question