j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow neat @Dimelius you have a ton of new ones! They will look so nice in your pond! I love Water Hawthorne but mine all died. I should have saved some of the floating sprouts that it sent off over the water and planted them but alas I did not. Good idea to do so in case the mother plant ever dies.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Nice assortment of plants. And I see your dog needed to investigate too. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice healthy plants! My water hawthorne for the first time has came back and is blooming great! I have 3-4 plants in one pot.
I have it in the hot tub pond so I can keep track of it.

20220501_081025.jpg

I should have saved some of the floating sprouts that it sent off over the water and planted them but alas I did not.
I will watch for them, are they real tiny with little leaves?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 yes they are pretty small and the seeds float all over the top of the water and then you will start to see them growing little leaves. Pretty easy to see and there can be a ton of them. You have a lot of plants in there tho so might be harder to find. You can also just collect the seeds. Allow seedheads to dry on plants and then remove and collect seeds.

From the internet: The seed of Aponogeton germinates freely on the water surface. The young seedlings can be collected and grown on. They will reach flowering size in one season given ideal conditions.

1651421387031.png

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks i will keep a eye out for them. Collect and maybe start a collection of plants. Have plenty of places to put them. And send you seeds.

I see one hard to see , that might have seeds will go and look. Right now raining.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Wow neat @Dimelius you have a ton of new ones! They will look so nice in your pond! I love Water Hawthorne but mine all died. I should have saved some of the floating sprouts that it sent off over the water and planted them but alas I did not. Good idea to do so in case the mother plant ever dies.
Who sold me it, said to me that for now i can forgot about it and check for it around september October when temps will fall again...in summer will not grow..

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It disappears here also. I just try to keep anything else from growing in the pot. Then in cold jan/ Feb you start seeing leaves show up. Flowers since March.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
It disappears here also. I just try to keep anything else from growing in the pot. Then in cold jan/ Feb you start seeing leaves show up. Flowers since March.
Yea, will be my option when i have no waterlily pads... ;) and seems to have really scented flowers...

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Net says grows and blooms Sept till June. Probably depends on your area temps.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Net says grows and blooms Sept till June. Probably depends on your area temps.
Ya for sure, he said that now is already too hot for it, here end flowering season is end of march....or more if we got lower temps.
Right now he got already some flowers on waterlilies... damn! that place is like Heaven... <3

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have has a cold wet spring = flowers. Lilies all sending up buds

Ask a Question