Directory idea

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I had the thought that we need something like a directory of fish savvy stuff, veterinarians, rescues, good places to get or sell fish and or plants, done state by state as well as by county. @Ian there might be a way to raise a bit of funds for you by promoting locations, websites, putting them top of the list. It wouldn’t be an add that pops up in the middle of a conversation which would be scrolled past quick, but a “ this is where to get what you need”. Say a small fee like you do for adds to post a link to their website. And as often as we get fish health questions, or injuries, adding fish savvy vets by location with a description of do they do online consults, etc, might help bring more folks who don’t just create an account then leave a short bit later once they resolve their problems or their fish dies.
I think ideally that the directory would be general area, such as UK, Europe: subdivided by country, depending on how many fish vets and good locations there are, for the USA, as big as we are and as fish crazy as we are, we might need it by “north east; New York, Maine, etc” “ Midwest; Oklahoma,Kansas etc”. And I’m sure we can get a lot of the leg work done for you. A simple google search and a few phone calls would find most of the answers, but I don’t know how the advertising part would go, that might require you as admin of the page dedicating a lot of time to emails.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting idea Jamie! I've considered adding a directory on here before, but I'd only add something like that if people would fine it useful - is this the sort of thing that would be handy to have? If it looks like it could be, I'm happy to look in to it :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
As many issues of sick/ injured fish as we get posted here, and folks asking how to get rid of excess fish or buy fish, I’d say I see a need. We all give the same advice over and over, so if we could say “ go call the closest vet in our directory to you” that would be great.

Ask a Question