disguised utilities

Reaction score
I wanted a natural themed pond. So I did not want the electric service or the large UV light to ruin my effect. My answer became bark. To cover up my electric plug ins I used a barrel . I sawed the top portion off leaving it the perfect size to be used as a seat for a handicapped friend. Got out the liquid nails and glued the bark on the barrel, I strapped the bark on for a week to dry. I used glue to add texture of grain to the top by using a comb to drag in a circle motion across the glue. After 3 weeks to cure I then cut the hole in the side. I use this hole to plug and unplug pumps and ect. So it does double duty as a seat as well electric cover while still adding to my wild life theme,
Now came the UV light I decided to use bark again. I used a stove pipe. unhinged it so it was open in the back. I used pipe ends for the ends, I cut openings for the water entrance and exits then glued on the bark. I used the glue to cover the ends just as I did the stump top. I can just lift either one up for easy access to the utilities

DebraLynn

Attachments

• electricStump.jpg
    electricStump.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 367
  • uv-cover.jpg
    uv-cover.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 376

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice job! I try to cover everything with something natural. Good description of the process also.

Ask a Question