dividing water lettuce

Jerry In Maine

I'm watching you...
Reaction score
how do i divide water lettuce? i've got one that's spread into about 3 clusters, and i'd like to separate it and move a piece to another part of my pond.

thanks!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
There is just one little tube/stalk (whatever you call it) that connects them, i would just cut it off near both plants. Most of the time mine just break off by themselves, but if you are trying to split them i would think thats fine. I guess somebody can correct me of there is a "right way" to do it, but mine survive just fine.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Yeah they are prety much the same, I have both in my pond, they just float around and break apart when they fish play with them, or they get stuck in the lillies.

Jerry In Maine

I'm watching you...
Reaction score
thanks!
i didn't realize that the "baby" clusters had their own roots. once i got down there and took a good look i could see that they did.

as a new ponder i'm finding the aquatic plants very interesting.
yeah, yeah neighbor ...i see your fancy rosebushes and shrubs....very nice, but now YOU come take a look at my water lettuce! :nananananana:

Ask a Question