Divorce Pond Advice

Reaction score
Country
United States
After Eugene, it was Eugene’s brother. OK, fine I know it’s a new age of expression for her and she has free will like us all and all the younger ones do these things (I have a small TV), but he has a unibrow and I saw him cook salmon like it was a beef steak, flipping it with tongs on overly hot grill, pink flesh sparking out everywhere. Idiot. I took the grill from him though he was sposed to be hosting me. Got me off my feed. Also he dropped a tulip poplar on his own house while cutting said poplar. Man card should be ripped from him, IMO. Also she did the UPS driver twice, once on back porch picnic table. I know since I have cameras set up for the deer that eat the apples right by porch. It took a picture of her bright oval WHITE. And she did Jeff, no doubt. He said so, so I know. Also he had pictures in his phone.

So anyway I finally left her.

For my grief I am turning to the pond. And a little cocaine. I know, I know, what is this 1980? But I don’t like other drugs and have a black sock of it from when my brother from Memphis (Sodom, basically) visited last week when we went to the tracks and I lost $1400, as I posted earlier. (I don’t go to dogs anymore since I adopted Flying Saucer, a gray greyhound. But I love the horses. You can say it’s a waste of time and money but if I’m not going to enjoy my life while living it, when am I going to enjoy it?) Anyway, I’m not going to go crazy. I’m going to do all of this blow til gone and then I’m not getting more. I’m turning to the pond for my grief and exercise, so my question.

I plan on digging it out a bit by shovel for the next 4 days for a firepit and a table alongside shore, day and night. (I mowed entire 3.5 acres front lot last night by moonlight, a pushmower, for example. GRIEF!! A CERTAIN car passed four times. Looking for her! A CERTAIN blue dodge pickup. )

Once I’m done digging the area for the picnic table, can I add channel cats? There are many small bream, like 14,000 and some two pound bass or so. Can channel cats do OK? They are about 8 inches long. I’m planning on putting in 50. Is that good? One acre pond. I need advice. I’m planning on spending 5 days on this pond right now. Any help is appreciated, especially these orange days. I am asking about bream and channel cats. Can they live together or are they doomed like me. And she.

Sloth

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Goodness, that's quite an introduction! :eek:

Well hopefully we can help with the pond issues... (y)

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
welcomeb.gif

Fasten your seatbelt, it’s going to be a bumpy ride

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! Hope your pond helps you. It is real peaceful to sit by it and watch nature.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all. Sorry about that I haven't slept in three days due to STRESS. Anyone know if I can raise catfish and bream together? I also put my car into the pond, which I failed to mention. My old car, I have another one! Thanks.

Reaction score
From my experience with channel cats in a farm pond, they will grow fast and can take over. Channels will eat anything they can fit in their mouths. I think you maybe okay for a year or two since you have so many Bream, but once the channels grow to size, they are gonna wipe out your bream pretty fast, especially 50 of them. Do not go with smaller yellow bellies either, I've seen them ravage a friend's pond, they got in his by he thinks ducks/geese carrying the eggs in.
My dad and I put 6 channels in a small reservoir next to our hours, they were maybe 8-10" long. The county drained it 2 yrs later and their were tons of 12-14" ones and we found 3 of the originals were pushing 36".

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have read that they can coexist and can't coexist. It depends on the source you read and the type of catfish and bream you decide to put together. In any event, you should make sure the bream are not real small or you will loose them. Bream tend to be top feeders and catfish bottom feeders, but the catfish will eat the bream at night.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hi all. Sorry about that I haven't slept in three days due to STRESS. Anyone know if I can raise catfish and bream together? I also put my car into the pond, which I failed to mention. My old car, I have another one! Thanks.

....And, the reason for putting your car in the pond is...........or is there a reason...........or are you just whacked out......or trying to pull everyone's leg? To be upfront, if what you have told us in 2 posts is true, you need professional help, and I am not talking about professional pond building help.

Last edited:

Ask a Question