DIY Junk mail the revenge

Reaction score
Don't know but it would be nice to send something like that to those that refuse to take you off their mailing list but have them pay the postage.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The only problem with that is the post office is loosing money on less and less junk mail .Remember when all your mail came via the mailman and now comes via e-mail including adds for stores .The post office is closing a lot of there local post offices and stopping saturday mail deliveries .I guess they did not think the puters were going to take over and cause there money losses .They don't think ahead

Reaction score
Your right and I guess if everyone put their junk mail into recycling bins that would help lessen the amount of wood needed for paper but then that would put lumber jacks out of work.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I take the postage paid envelopes and mail them back their junk mail with my address and name still on it and tell them to Remove me from their F%%king Spam in big red letters. I went from 50 a week to no more than one or two a month after a few weeks of doing this.
They don't like getting cursed at and that is incentive enough to remove me. I got this idea from someone else who was more polite and just mailed back as much stuff as he could. Unfortunately for him, since they didn't know it was him, he still gets the mail. So he is helping to support the USPS and not doing anything to stop his spam.

I still get an occasional offer for credit cards to a name that no longer exists and they didn't even have that right. Seems like no matter how many times I tell them that person does not exist and why would they offer a card to a phanthom, they still don't get it.

I'm waiting for Smoky, my cat to get an offer. I might just help him place an X on the signature to see what happens next.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
There was a story in the paper here some years back about a man who got a credit card application sent in his dog's name. He went along with it for a joke, so now Rover Jones has an American Express card! John

Reaction score
I receive WAY less than I used to... I spent a good couple months or so returning their junk mail and/or fwd'ing other junk mail to the wrong senders of said junk. Even had a bunch of copies of a letter I created that had my name and address in large letters, and a request to be removed from their mailing list in even larger red letters. I should probably mention that said letter wasn't very uh... polite. ;) I included a copy of it in each junk mail I fwd'd or returned.

At first I felt guilty for killing trees by printing my own letter (I compost & yell at my family members when I find stuff in the trash that should have been in the compost or recycle bins, LOL), but when the amount of junk I received decreased, I decided it had been worth it.

Ask a Question