DIY Koi Kastle

Reaction score
Did this for free with stuff I had laying around the house.

Fisrt pic is the 1/2" PVC Frame painted black. Second pic is the finished product, think this will provide enough shade? Or should I add something over it like a piece of liner, or I have some real thin automotive carpet for sub boxes, new of coarse.

Attachments

• PVC Frame - 2.JPG
    PVC Frame - 2.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 607
  • Koi Kastle - 2.jpg
    Koi Kastle - 2.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 1,095
Reaction score
Yes sir. I also used the top of a bucket as a guide to bend it around. I should also mention that the bottom pieces are filled with sand for a little weight. If that is not enough I will drill some holes in the curved pieces.

Reaction score
Well the Kastle needed a little addition...I added some leftover rubber liner over it, the way it was did not do anything for shade. Now if they get spooked they have a good place to hide, the only down side is when they are in there I can't see them. Oh well, long as their safe....

Attachments

• Copy of Kastle.jpg
    Copy of Kastle.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 774
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
When I made my skippy filter, I only used half of a 55-gal plastic barrel. So when I wanted to add a hiding place for my fish, I used the top half of the barrel, cut into two half-circles (the same shape as what you have above) and wired a couple of bricks to them. I think the most important part of giving the fish a shelter like this is that it hides them from predators. I haven't lost any fish in the last year and a half since adding this to my pond!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did this for free with stuff I had laying around the house.

Fisrt pic is the 1/2" PVC Frame painted black. Second pic is the finished product, think this will provide enough shade? Or should I add something over it like a piece of liner, or I have some real thin automotive carpet for sub boxes, new of coarse.
Hi

You should consider selling these. Looks good. I’ll put in an order

Ask a Question